This is so amazing that I’ve made it twice in the last two weeks...and I would have made it again for a third time, but I held back and decided to skip a week – but I totally plan on making this again next week!
The recipe is extremely versatile and tastes AMAZING – I never had quiche (not even the “regular” non-vegan kind) until now. It’s super easy and the taste will blow you (and your non-vegan friends) away.
•1 tbsp olive oil
•1 small onion, chopped
•2 garlic cloves, minced
•¾ package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained (or use a whole bag of fresh)
•½ block firm tofu
•¼ cup nutritional yeast
•4 tbsp soy milk
•½ tsp tumeric (I used mustard powder bc I didn’t have any tumeric)
•salt & pepper
•1 sheet defrosted puff pastry dough
•¼ tsp paprika
•1-2 tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat, and sauté onions and garlic until translucent (about 2 minutes). Add spinach and (you can use fresh spinach – just cook until wilted). Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a food processor, add tofu, nutritional yeast, soymilk and tumeric (or mustard powder). Blend until you have a creamy, even consistency.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the onion mixture with the tofu mixture. Season again with salt & pepper.
5. Lay puff pastry dough it in a pie plate or other oven-safe dish, creating a border around the edges (mmm, t he best part). Pour the tofu mixture into the dish and spread it evenly. Sprinkle with paprika and top with tomato slices.
6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until mixture is set and crust has browned.