Curious about who I am? Posts about health and natural birth Resources and posts regarding vaccines and informed consent Posts about Parenting and Relationships Spirituality and Life Lessons Email me Home

My Cloth Diaper Review



I love cloth diapers! Here are my reviews on the top picks out there – Bumgenius 4.0, FuzziBunz, and Grovia.

 
Bumgenius 4.0 (Aplix) 

Absorbency
The Bumgenius diaper is a pocket diaper which makes it nice to adjust the absorbency – which I never do. I only ever use one insert.


Affordability
These aren’t the cheapest or the most expensive – they are a pretty good deal. I own about 20 of them, so it’s been an investment at a near 18 bucks a pop!


Fit
The fit is good on these because of the aplix – though they are not the most trim compared to the Grovia.



Drying Time
These dry good – but you have to re-stuff the inserts with is what you have to expect with pocket diapers…not too time consuming. I stuff all of my diapers after they come out of the dyer so I don’t have to mess with them later.


Staining
No stains! Though.. I admit, I haven’t been using these for longer then my other diapers.. so time will tell. Until then, no stains!!!!


Cuteness
When I purchased my staff, they didn’t have the most impressive colors – but now Bumgenius just came out with new prints that are pretty darn cute. I think I would still say that FunziBunz has a better selection of prints though.


Durability
These diapers are well made and I believe have a lifetime warranty – I like the snaps better then the aplix because it will last longer and keep a better look to them. I think I have heard where the leg elastic might come out of these, but it’s a sized diaper – I don’t think you would be using them for so long that you would have this problem, unless you use them on other children.


Best For: The Middle of the Night Change
I got all of my bumgenius diapers in the aplix (aka velco) which I kind of regret, but it does make changing diapers in the middle of the night its best attribute.




FuzziBunz


Absorbency
These are super, super soft and fluffy and absorbent. I use these as my nighttime diapers. I don’t even have to double-stuff them!


Affordability
I spent around 13 bucks on my FuzziBunz – I got a deal on the old prints. Woot! 13 Bucks is a deal. Thank you Breastfeeding Center of Massillon!


Fit
The fit on these is a bit wonky. Since these are a sized diaper – not a AIO, I went with a medium which is somewhat big on my 7 month old. They are also pretty huge to fit under a onesie or pants. I use them at night, so I don’t have to put pants over them.


Drying Time
Super fast and easy. These are again, a pocket diaper – which is kind of a pain, but nicer to handle because they are so soft and fluffy compared to the bumgenius.



Staining
These aren’t bad for staining – I think it might be because they are not made from organic, natural fibers..i’m not sure. But it’s weird because the insert will stain slightly, but the diaper itself won’t stain. Weird.


Cuteness
Absolutely adorable prints – love this!


Durability
The aplix makes these diapers look more worn then they really are – other then that, they are made pretty well.


Best For: Nighttime Go-to
You can’t beat how super soft and absorbent these ones are.



GroVia


Absorbency
These are probably the least absorbent – but I rarely ever have any leaks or have to deal with repelling on these natural, organic fibers. It’s just when I leave them on too long, the diaper inside gets really wet  - so my daughter gets fussy because she can feel it more.


Affordability
The most expensive of the bunch – but you can sometimes get a deal on them if you wait for it. They run about 24 bucks each – that’s pretty steep, but in my opinion, they are well worth it.


Fit
The best, hands down. Super trim-the fit is the most like disposable, paper diapers.


Drying Time
Well, you win some and you lose some. Even after 2 hours in the dryer, these diapers can still be damp near the elastic.


Staining
These stain like crazy for me – and because I live in NE Ohio where the sun never comes out, I don’t get a lot of chances to use the sun to bleach the stains out. When I do get the chance, I definitely take it.


Cuteness
The new prints are just being released, and I think they have some good choices – I think they beat Bumgenuis but not FunziBunz in this department.


Durability
For the amount of money I spent on these, they should last forever. But they are getting somewhat worn where the leg elastic is, just a little – I think this is because I use them so often. These are no doubt my go to during the day.


Best For: Daytime diapering.
These are the diapers I use during the day and even at daycare. The side snaps are super easy in my opinion and you can’t beat the fit and trimness.


***
You can see that cloth diapers have their own quirks – and once you start to use and expand your stash, you we learn which works best for you and your routine.

If I was going to be stranded on an island and had to only take one diaper with me – I would probably take my Grovia’s – overall, I love the fit and the colors I have.


Hope this review helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. If you are about to say something that you would not let your child hear, then please refrain from saying it.