Curious about who I am? Posts about health and natural birth Resources and posts regarding vaccines and informed consent Posts about Parenting and Relationships Spirituality and Life Lessons Email me Home

Words From The Heart

Here is a compilation of poems I have written over the last year. Most of which I have posted in the past-I explain them briefly as well.


Here is a poem about my experience in holding my baby excessively, spoiling her tons, and making others pissed off because I wouldn’t let them hold her – i.e. new mommy syndrome. People would tell me to put her down if she was sleeping and I would never listen to their silly advice. I enjoyed holding her every moment I could, especially when she was sleeping….


In My Arms

Slumber softly…

Your eyes are closed,
But I can still see your world
Even more so.

Your soul drifts to play in another realm,
While I hold on close and tight.

Your warmth imparts a tranquil feeling,
I feel your breath and learn everything this universe has to offer.

A feeling so full,
Every part of my being is joyous.

The harmony starts and seems overwhelming as if I was in front of a firing range,
One shot after another,
Exterminating all hate and pain from the heart.

Sleeping so softy,
Unknowingly releasing the strongest of all storms upon me,
One that leaves only beauty and joy in its wake.

No longer present,
there is only Love which encapsulates this moment.

Then a smile,
She has journeyed back from her peaceful world,
In my arms.




We all have experiences with people in our lives that are critical, harsh and judgmental. This poem, I wrote nearly a year ago, still holds a strong place in my heart. I wanted to write about how the act of condemnation only truly harms the person holding onto such conviction – and freedom and love should still be given unconditionally.

I always try and remember how I would want my daughters to act – even in the case of someone acting cruel towards them; I would want them to be a beacon of light …. Never letting that darkness shadow over them.  

Loved, Infinitely

The frosty smack of condemnation is upon your breath
like the bitter wind blowing at the end of days.
With it comes the absence of faith for your brothers and sisters.

Harboring love and disgust in the same soul,
What a feat, the impossible!
See your brother with conviction,
You shall glimpse the same within yourself.

Treat your brother with fault,
You shall guard yourself with blame.

Judgment blinds the eyes
an arduous canopy of shade.
A zealous thug to all human kind.

Graceful, letting the grasp of ruling loosen
like a slithering snake retreating from its predator.
Blessed with one more day to endure.

Renegade from the sinister eclipse
do not fear to love.
For you are loved, infinitely.



I wrote these two poems when I was dealing with fear. I now make it a genuine habit to make choices not in fear, but in trust, faith and love.

Shine

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure!

It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be: brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?”
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are of the Divine.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine,
as children do.

We were born to make manifest the Ultimate.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.




Birthright: Trust

Fear keeps one from living
living the life we were meant to live.

There’s nothing more important,
seeing this truth.

The degree to which we trust life
is the degree to which we can be happy
be at peace.

None of us are in this Life alone.

Children with natural beliefs, a world full of support. 
Racing downhill on bikes,
no hands.
Hurling on fast sleds,
without a thought. 

Climbing trees,
swinging with one hand
from the highest branches. 

Taking risks,
stretching  limits,
jumping boldly from a high dive.

What happens to this trust,
this confidence,
our certainty in life?

Adults may say they trust in life,
But they cannot recall last time they were consumed completely
with trust in everyday events in life

The ribbon of life is dynamic, a fluid process.
Every day we experience events that are not planned.
We have the ulitimate power to declare
defeat or victory;
trust that every event is there for a reason.





I am an extremely spiritual person. I have not always been, and I don’t regret that – I only embrace it. It allowed me to grow significantly as a mother, a wife, a friend. This poem is about faith as I understand it. Complete surrender, transitioning from resistance in life to full acceptance.


Let It Be

Even within the seemingly most unacceptable, painful situations
concealed is a deeper good.
Within every disaster
contained is a seed of grace.

Surrender.
Give up trying to understand
welcome the easy of not knowing.

Surrender,
the inner transition from resistance to acceptance,
from “no” to “yes”.

Whatever you accept completely
 will take you to peace.
Leave Life alone.
Let it be.



These next three poems I did not write, but they are some of my all time favorites and they inspire me. I hope they inspire you as well…


Reach for the Sun

It's not only children who grow.
Parents do too.
As much as we watch to see what our children
do with their lives, they are watching us to see
what we do with ours.
I can't tell my children to reach for the sun.
All I can do is reach for it, myself.

-Joyce Maynard




Outwitted

He drew a circle that shut me out,
heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But Love and I had the wit to win,
We drew a circle that took him in.

-Edwin Markham



Your Children are Not Your Children

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you, they do not belong to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday. You are the bow from which your children as livings arrows are sent forth.

The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
And He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer’s hands be for gladness;
For even He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

-The Prophet 1951

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. If you are about to say something that you would not let your child hear, then please refrain from saying it.